Beginners’ Spearfishing Charters
Are you looking to finally learn the art of spearfishing? Or maybe you’ve tried it before but still feel like you need to go slow and learn the techniques a little better? Our beginners’ spearfishing charters are perfect for you!
All charters depart from Cancun, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Playa del Carmen or Tulum.
Unless otherwise specified, each charter takes you on a four-hour journey by over the Caribbean Sea.
Your spearfishing charter will start off with an introduction to and briefing from your guide and captain, who will explain in detail topics involving safety, technique, and the fish we do and do not shoot.
Feel free to ask any question you have and take advantage of the expert advice of our Spearfishing Today guides. Our goal is to help you develop your skills while making sure you get your catch of the day so that no one goes hungry!
Once we’re in the water, you’ll be given the opportunity to practice your freediving skills before we head out on a real hunt!
In total, we will go spearfishing at three to five different sites, depending on the availability or lack of fish.
Remember, this is nature and they — not us — determine their behavior and our success.
Along the way, you’ll have time to rest, eat some fruit, and drink some ice cold water.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- All spearfishing is done using the apnea freediving technique. In other words, no scuba diving equipment is used nor is it even allowed in Mexico.
- Our philosophy is from sea to table and we eat what we fish. At no point will we fish in restricted areas nor will we shoot anything that is not appropriate.
- We will use the buddy system at all times, meaning that no spearfisher will ever be alone. This is done for everyone’s safety.
All our spearfishing charters include the following:
- Semi-private charter
- 4-hour boat ride
- FII & PADI-certified guide
- Snorkel gear and fins
- Use of speargun
- Spearfishing permit
- Fresh fruit & bottled water
- The cleaning of your fish
- Rash guards
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Gratuity for captain and guides