Spearfishing for Intermediate Spearos
Do you already have some experience at spearfishing and are looking to improve your skills?
Our spearfishing for interemediate spearos provides you with the guidance and support you need to develop your underwater hunting prowess as a spearo.
Unlike our spearfishing for beginners excursions, where we start off practicing our apnea breathing and freediving skills, our intermediate spearfishing charters will get you right in the action at some of the best spearfishing spots in the entire Caribbean.
Because we’re located throughout the Mexican Caribbean, you’ll be able to choose your point of departure:
- Isla Mujeres
- Playa del Carmen
Please note that spearfishing in Holbox is reserved only for professional spearos.
Caribbean Spearfishing for Experienced Spearos
You will begin your spearfishing charter with a briefing from your guide and captain. They will explain to you the details of the excursion as well as provide you with the necessary information about safety and what we can and cannot fish.
Remember, our Spearfishing Today crew is there to help you get the most out of your spearfishing charter.
In other words, ask any questions and make sure you are getting the support you need if you are still having difficulties with a certain aspect of freediving or spearfishing.
In total, we will take you to three to five of our favorite spearfishing spots, depending on the type and quantity of huntable fish we find.
Between immersions, we’ll take a break and give you time to catch your breath, drink some water, and savor some delicious and cold fruit.
Here are a few things to keep in mind on your spearfishing expedition:
- All spearfishing is done using freediving or the apnea breathing technique. In Mexico, the use of scuba gear is strictly prohibited.
- We eat what we fish. Since our company’s founding in 2008, we practice the philosophy of From Sea to Table.
- We will never fish in restricted areas, out of season or any fish that is not of the correct size.
- We always use the buddy system. This is for everyone’s safety and means that no spearo will ever hunt solo.
All our spearfishing charters include the following:
- Semi-private charter
- 4-hour boat ride
- FII & PADI-certified guide
- Snorkel gear and fins
- Use of speargun
- Spearfishing permit
- Fresh fruit & bottled water
- The cleaning of your fish
- Biodegradable sunscreen (required)
- Gratuity for captain and guide
- Rash guards or wetsuits