Learn the techniques and skills you need to dive deep into the blue abyss as you explore the unique underwater universe that awaits you.
Pamela Castellanos, our freediving instructor, will make sure you understand the theory and can freedive up to at least 20 meters.
- Learn the theories and principles regarding freediving and freediving safety.
- Practical lessons in a pool to learn and improve breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives as well as freediving safety using the buddy system. Goal: constant weight freedive of 16 metres/52 feet.
Padi Freediving Courses
Without a doubt, freediving is one of the most spectacular ways in which you can experience the mesmerizing underwater universe that is the Caribbean Sea.
On just one single breath, you’ll learn to dive deep down into the blue, crystalline waters as you explore the amazing coral reefs and fascinating marine life.
Our PADI freediving certification will not only allow you to become an officially certified freediver; under the guidance of our freediving instructor Pamela Castellanos, you’ll develop the skills, comfort, and safety measures to be able to successfully explore your limits.
Freediving in Cozumel offers guests a special treat, as the waters off the coast of the island are calm and offer maximum visibility, thus providing the perfect environment to experience the thrill and challenge of expanding your apnea breathing techniques.
In addition to Cozumel, we also offer freediving certification in Playa del Carmen, Cancun, and Tulum.
Over the course of two days, Pamela will take you through all of the steps needed to become a PAD- certified freediver.
On day one, you’ll start off in the comfort and safety of a dive pool. First, you’ll discuss the theory and details needed to understand and practice the art of apnea breathing. Then, once you’ve acquired the necessary knowledge, Pamela will teach you the tricks of getting your mind, lungs, and body ready for the plunge. Finally, you’ll spend the rest of the day practicing in the pool before heading out to the Caribbean Sea for your first lessons in open water.
On day two, you’ll head straight to the ocean as you perfect your technique as well as learn the skills you need to perform underwater rescues of other freedivers.
Once you’ve gone through all of the exercises, you’ll be tested on the following:
- Theoretical knowledge
- Being able to practice static apnea in the pool for at least 90 seconds
- Capacity to practice dynamic apnea up to 25 meters of 80 feet
- Ability to do a constant weight freedive of 16 meters or 52 feet.